Hello and welcome!

Come see what I've been up to.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I know I haven't blogged for a while. I've had a bad cold. The worst I've had in ages, maybe forever. This week is the first time I've been out of the house by myself since March 1st. Whew....got to get back on the
 vitamin regimen!

Anyway, went shopping today and I am soooo excited. I know...I get excited about shopping real easily. Anyway, I found out that Home Depot is carrying a new line of paint. Martha Stewart Living interior and exterior colors. I LOVE Martha Stewart's colors! I read once that she puts a little bit of blue in ALL of her colors, that is what makes them so mellow, subtle, dreamy, rich....what is the word I am looking for here? Well, I hustled myself right down to HD and got me a color chart and a few samples of some of the blues.  

I may be using one of the blues in one of the bathrooms at the condo.   Dunno yet.   Depends on how far the beige paint I already purchased goes.    If I need to buy more paint, it'll be one of the Martha Stewart blues.   Did I say I love her paint colors?   The lady is smart.   Look at the back of the paint sample.   Everything you need to a) give to your painter and b)plan colors for woodwork and ceilings or other coordinating areas.  Right on the same paint sample. 

I apologize right now for the lousy photos.     It is hard to take pictures and get the light right.   Speaking of light, did you ever try to take a picture of a mirror?     Well, it is darn hard.   Below is a picture of a mirror I picked up at Big Lots today for $15!!!   It's 20 inches by 30 inches and I hope it will fit in the new guest bathroom at the condo, over the vanity.    I don't know if you can see real well, but the entire mirror is bordered with rectangles of bezelled mirrors.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!   We're having corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread for dinner.   My apologies to the vegetarians in the family.   My apologies also to you working girls who only dream of having corned beef and cabbage actually ON St. Paddy's day.   I know, when I was working it was always too big of a chore to cook that much during the week and by the time the weekend rolled along, it didn't happen either because that meant first going to the store to pick up the stuff and then coming home and cooking it all.   Not happening.   Anyway, now that I am a lady of leisure (where, when?) I can cook all that stuff.

I'm also fooling around with easier ways of uploading pictures, so pardon the strange formatting today.   Hopefully I will figure out what is happening and where spellcheck went.   One step forward, two steps back.   But putting the pictures in between the words was easier!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea how funny you are? This was so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stopped by my blog!! That's some cold you've got YIKES! You'll have to let me know how the Martha Stewart paint is to use! I just saw it at Home Depot yesterday as I was picking up some paint. Love the mirror! Also LOVE corn beef and cabbage! I'm Irish so my Mother-n-law makes it for me every year. I've never cooked it myself but she uses the crock pot is that normal? It tastes great so maybe that's how the working Mom's might get to enjoy it?? Hope your back to normal soon! Being sick is NO fun!

    ReplyDelete